Environmental Advisor - Ecology
Rockhampton City, QLD
Adani’s Carmichael Mine & Rail Project is located in Central Queensland about 300 km west of the coastline. The mine’s 10 million tonne yearly production of coal will be exported via the Port of Abbot Point and will generate billions of dollars in royalty revenue for the people of Queensland over the next 30 years of operation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Environment Manager, this role assists in the delivery of the ecological requirements of the Carmichael Rail Network Project (CRN). This is a site based role working a 14/7 roster.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Provide support and advice to the Project Delivery Team on environmental related matters with a focus on ecological requirements
- Responsible for managing compliance with environmental requirements across the rail project with a focus on ecological conditions.
- Review and provide guidance on ecological reports prepared for the project
- Help implement the development of an environmental and sustainability culture with vigilance, accountability, ownership, awareness and leadership across the project
- Develop and implement environmental training programs
- Provide timely advice on project ecological requirements to the Project Delivery Team
- Assist the Environmental Manager to identify, develop and obtain a range of planning and environmental approvals, permits and licences to facilitate project execution.
- Support the project field team to ensure compliance with Company, Project and Statutory Requirements
- Provide guidance, training and support to internal stakeholders on environmental and ecological requirements.
- Work closely and effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor, review and report performance against company requirements, planning and approvals requirements as directed
The successful applicant will possess the following skills and attributes and align with Adani’s values of courage, trust and commitment to high standards.
- Tertiary Qualifications (Degree) in Environmental Science or equivalent
- Experience working in the construction industry
- Minimum of two years relevant environmental experience including experience for major projects with a focus on ecology
- Excellent working knowledge of Federal, State and Local statutory requirements in relation to ecological processes
- Suitably qualified person to undertake protected plant surveys under the Nature Conservation Act 1992
- Experience in undertaking threatened species surveys and preparing regulatory reports
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Proven ability to establish relationships with team members and an established external network
- Ability to motivate people to achieve an outstanding environmental outcome
- Computer proficient, previous use of electronic compliance tracking software is desirable
WHAT WE OFFER
Adani’s team is passionate, solutions-focussed, diverse and supportive. We offer a harmonious workplace, competitive remuneration, employee support program, and opportunities to develop your skills in a truly global organisation.
If you’re interested in this role, click on “apply” to submit your application
This role is being sourced by our in-house Recruitment team – we respectfully request no approaches from recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: