CHPP Package Manager
Townsville City, QLD
Adani’s Carmichael Mine & Rail Project is located in Central Queensland about 300 km west of the coastline. The mine’s 10 million tonne yearly production of coal will be exported via the Port of Abbot Point and will generate billions of dollars in royalty revenue for the people of Queensland over the next 30 years of operation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Based in our Townsville headquarters and reporting to the head of the Mine Project, the CHPP Package Manager will manage the construction and practical completion of the CHPP.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- The management and completion of the design and construction phase of the CHPP.
- Providing safety leadership in developing a safety culture, and ensure the construction contractors engaged comply with all relevant HSE standards, regulations and practices.
- Providing leadership and developing a culture of environmental compliance and ensuring the Construction Contractor complies with all Environmental Compliance requirements.
- Providing leadership and coordination of the works with the Construction Contractor in the field to achieve construction outcomes of the project.
- Leadership in developing cost awareness within the Construction Team
- Providing regular updates and present construction progress in review meetings
- Supervise, coach and mentor direct reports
The successful applicant will possess the following skills and attributes, and align with Adani’s values of courage, trust and commitment to high standards.
- Strong leadership skills and a proven commitment to safety
- Minimum 20 years’ experience in roles in the construction and/or operation of a similar sized CHPP operation in either an owner/operator or contractor role in Australia.
- Experience working in a managerial level at CHPP plants in Australia, preferably Queensland.
- Project management experience at new “greenfield” mines in particular CHPP construction, power and water supply
- Demonstrated strong coal processing technical skills
- A Metallurgical, Process or Mechanical Engineering qualification (or related discipline)
- Have extensive experience of all aspects of EPCM and EPC projects and proven history of delivering similar projects within the Australian industry
- Working knowledge of legislation and policies for Australian and Queensland coal mines for site construction.
- Experience in managing infrastructure projects within an environmentally sensitive area.
- Strong relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Proven strategic thinking ability
- Strong analytical skills
- High level adaptability to changing environments, priorities and targets
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs; Work, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
WHAT WE OFFER
Adani’s team is passionate, solutions-focussed, diverse and supportive. We offer a harmonious workplace, competitive remuneration, employee support program, and opportunities to develop your skills in a truly global organisation.
If you’re interested in this role, click on “apply” to submit your application
This role is being sourced by our in-house Recruitment team – we respectfully request no approaches from recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: