We are an industry leader in the mining and civil earthmoving industries with over 50 years’ experience and operate a large fleet of heavy earthmoving equipment across Australia. We take pride in our people, our safety culture and maintaining our equipment to a high standard.
We are seeking a number of skilled Large Excavator Operators to assist us to deliver production operations at Carmichael Mine located at the Galilee Basin in regional Queensland. Whilst Rockhampton and Townsville are our primary recruitment hubs we encourage and will consider applicants from all regional Queensland communities.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be flexible with work hours, with the ability to work, day and night shifts
- Ensure effective operation of plant to reduce cycle times and prevent unnecessary maintenance
- Maintain a safe work environment and be committed to adhering and promoting a strong safety culture
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and work within teams to develop and implement solutions
- Comply with site Safety & Health Management System policies, procedures and work practices.
- Comply with site Environmental Management Plan and other statutory requirements as required.
- Communicate with operators and other personnel to coordinate operations.
- Re-fuelling and general machine inspections.
- Adherence to all Site and Company Policies and Procedures.
Applicants must have:
- The relevant RII competencies, or competencies signed off within the last 5 years
- Previous experience in the operation of large excavators, preferable Liebherr 996 or 9800's
- Previous experience in the operation of other plant, including Dozers, Graders and Haul Trucks
- A current Queensland Coal Board Medical & Standard 11
- A current Queensland driver licence
Applicants who possess the following in addition to the above will be highly regarded:
- Basic maintenance as required within employee’s skills and competencies.
Only those with the relevant experience and qualifications will be considered.
We are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: