DRA Paciific Pty Ltd
Rockhampton City, QLD
DRA Global (“DRA”) is a diversified, global engineering, project delivery and operations management group, headquartered in Perth, Australia, with an impressive track record spanning over three decades. DRA is the largest resource focused, independent specialist minerals and metals processing and engineering group across the globe with mining experience in all commodities from A(u) to Z(n). As the partner of first choice, DRA Global aims to attract, recruit and retain the best talent in the marketplace; in doing so we have developed a solid organisational culture focused on Safety, Integrity, Courage, Innovation, Trust and People to ultimately deliver the best results for clients.
We are looking for an experienced Commissioning Manager to join our team in Central QLD for a major project in the Bowen Basin. The current roster is 10/4. Whilst Rockhampton and Townsville are our primary recruitment hubs we encourage and will consider applicants from all regional Queensland communities.
In this highly visible customer facing role, you provide proactive, practical guidance and expertise to ensure the delivery of work scopes in line with DRA, Client and Statutory requirements – while upholding the objectives of Zero Exposure and an injury free workplace. Working in very demanding operational environments, your leadership presence in the field sets the standard of expected behaviours in managing work scope risk. Strong skills in communication and collaboration are essential to your success.
Key Duties and accountabilities (but not limited to):
- Provide site and project guidance in outlining commissioning responsibilities and deliverables
- Ensure commissioning plans meet specified standards by ensuring commissioning team works in accordance with regulatory bodies to ensure safety, environmental and health procedures are adhered to
- Work collaboratively with the Construction Manager and with clients on commissioning goals by developing strong interpersonal relationships with the project team and key stakeholders
- Drive delivery of site acceptance testing in accordance with the commissioning programme
- Ensure adequate resources and equipment is available for all commissioning works in line with budget
You will have excellent communication, negotiation and mentoring abilities with demonstrated experience in commissioning large scale projects.
- Associate Diploma of Engineering or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a similar role within the resources industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of programs
DRA supports diversity and inclusion within our workplace and we encourage applicants from a wide sector of the community to apply.
We will only be accepting applicants with an existing right to work in Australian, on this occasion.
Please note that we will not be receiving candidates from any Agencies for this vacancy.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: